Saturday, November 21, 2009

Twenty Years by Richard Norgard- dedicated to the memory of Elisa Roberson



Twenty years of sadness are etched into this stone
Twenty years of wishing that you will come back home

Twenty years of waiting for sunshine to appear
To a family that's known darkness, hopelessness and fear

Twenty years of building from a single grain of sand

The kind of life worth living in a new and different land

It's the hope that springs eternal, that forms a vital part
Is a loved one truly lost if love is in our hearts?

Twenty years of waiting, and today the world is shown
The twenty years of love are etched into this stone

3 comments:

  1. dear ruby
    im a long time friend erik appelhanz
    me and tony want to school together if you remember me. it still bugs me to this day about your sister case i do miss your brother tony and you all i hope you remember me
    please write me back take care your friend erik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erik, forgive me for not remembering who you are - it's been very long time. Thank you for your comment and for thinking of Elisa. I will tell Tony about you.

    ReplyDelete